Saturday, April 30, 2011

Giving Thanks and Making Art


I am thankful for my family's Easter Sunday brunch!
I am treasuring all the goodness I have been noticing in my life and my art. I am thankful for the good I have received and the goodness that is always on its way to me. Do you ever have a day when the colors are just brighter and the smell of that first cup of coffee is just a delight? When today is one of those delightful days, it is comforting to begin looking around and noticing all that is going right in my world. I can sometimes worry about what is going wrong...I think I was raised to be a problem solver. It is relaxing to instead focus on what is right, what is good, what is good enough just the way it is. In my art studio during a creative session, I will look down at the woolen image I am needle felting, and I sometimes actually say out loud, "It is done." I've been known to work overtime on an image and I think it is a measure of one's developing artistic talent to stop the creative process at the right time. It is done. It is good. It is beautiful. It is art.
I am thankful and I appreciate your stopping by today. I'd love to hear what you are thankful for today...I am in search of another cup of wonderful coffee! Thank you Ted for my coffee...

Georgianne

No comments: