Friday, September 3, 2010

A trip down memory lane

I often take a walk down memory lane, and during the past few weeks, there have been a few twists in the road. We've all heard the reference "Sandwich Generation" made about people who have both children and senior citizens as loved ones. I am ham and cheese! During August, 2010, I held our newest grandchild in my arms, and I held a loved one's hand in hospice. Both of these extremes have great meaning, and in both situations, I've loved the gift of good memories.

To celebrate good memories in my life, I created this Memory Lane folk art. Framed in a vintage gold and black oval frame, this wool needle felt of a lane, a lake, and two trees, is special to me.  With seed bead leaves, this wool wall art was a joy to create.

We are hoping for an Indian Summer here in Colorado. Warm Fall days with cool nights will help the apples ripen and the pumpkins grow fat. There is a lake by my home that has a view of the mountains in the distance. I plan to take many walks there this Fall as I keep all of my family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne


No comments: