Thursday, September 23, 2010

Safety and Wellness Check, Please!

I heard someone comment the other day about how their neighbor needed Safety and Wellness Checks from the police. It got me to thinking that we all need to be checked on occasionally. Do you receive calls from that considerate girlfriend who just wants to know how you are doing? That feels great! Do you ever dial your grown child’s phone number just to hear his or her voice? It feels like soothing oil for my heart when one of my adult kids fills me in on their latest adventure! The Safety and Wellness Check I overheard about in the grocery store line is a serious matter, I am sure, and I won't be flip about it. I propose we all take five minutes to check on a loved one today--perhaps someone we don't talk to on an ongoing basis. Perhaps even someone down the block who rarely has visitors.

Perhaps we could even start here....How are you doing? I'd love to hear from you and I thank you for stopping by,
Georgianne
 
P.S. Kids, I will be calling today...I really do just love the sound of your voices!

No comments: