Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Colorful Produce and Time with Laura

Organic Bountiful Harvest!
I am loving the end of season produce from our CSA, Grant Family Farms. It is great fun to take the wide variety of produce I receive every Wednesday and cook for a couple of hours with my daughter, Laura. This Community Supported Agriculture delivers boxes of organic fruits and vegetables, pastured eggs and meats, fresh bread and fresh-cut flower bouquets to convenient pick-up locations in communities throughout the Colorado Front Range, Mountain Communities and Wyoming. I never know exactly what my delivery will include, so the fun of this is in being adventurous when the cooking begins! Laura is finishing her degree in Nutrition and will soon be a Registered Dietician. It is always fun and yummy cooking with her!

Here is a photo of the gorgeous tomatoes I received last week. I cooked them into a sweet pasta sauce, and boy, did that hit the spot! I always know it has been a hit when my husband fills his 3rd plate!

The summer season of CSA deliveries is coming to a close so I need to think about signing up for a Winter Share. I do not want this fun to end!

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne 

No comments: