Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eagle View Walk -- 17,400 Steps into Autumn

I have thoroughly enjoyed this 70-degree autumn day in colorful Colorado! Today's agenda included a 2 1/2 hour walk around Standley Lake, which is also an eagle sanctuary. We could see from a distance four eagles in the trees, and one took flight!

The colors of the tress are magnificent right now in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. Taking a long walk is a great way to see the changing landscape. I wore my trusty step-counter and we logged 17,400 steps by walking completely around this large suburban lake! I've got my feet on ice right now and that feels good!

I hope that you will have a chance to walk through a tree-filled area in the next week so that you can take in the gorgeous colors. The change of season certainly does have its bright side.

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

P.S. In my last blog post I mentioned that once my 100th order was placed from my Nestle and Soar shop on Etsy, I would offer my blog readers 7 days to claim a free gift from www.nestleandsoar.com. Well, that 100th order did arrive on October 15th, so help me celebrate by logging into www.nestleandsoar.com and from there, send me an email with your mailing address. You have until midnight on October 22nd to claim your free gift! Thank you for your interest in my blog and my art!

No comments: