Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Snow in Colorado--A Peaceful Pause

Snow Day in Colorado, April 16, 2013
The view from my dining room window is calm and quiet. Living about halfway between Denver and Boulder in colorful Colorado, I have come to expect snow in April, and this year is no exception. Can you see from my photo that there is almost 20" of white, fluffy snow in my backyard? We are all so grateful for this much-needed moisture.

My bird feeders have been almost emptied out today--I will need to trudge through the snow and refill them to satisfy demand! That's alright. It is a small price to pay for the joy that I receive from watching the birds on a day like today.

Bird Party on my kitchen table!
There are other birds in my life that I am enjoying today! I thought I would share with you my five gorgeous Jaclin Dunne bird trinket boxes. I have

received each of these bejeweled, hinged boxes as a gift from either my sisters or my mom. What I really enjoy are little notes or surprises they slip inside (each bird hinges open)!

I usually have these treasures scattered about my home, and I love how the sunlight makes them sparkle! Today, I rounded them up on my kitchen table to enjoy them as a group. I love them. Thanks ladies!

The peaceful pause that I am taking today is very healing to me. I lift up my voice with yours as I contemplate the alarming events in Boston, Massachusetts during the past 24 hours. Here is a quote that is giving me solace today. I hope it is helpful to you, as well.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

No comments: