Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trust Yourself as a Creative Person

Vintage frame refurbished and ready...
Trust yourself. Trust yourself to do the things that only you know best.... Trust yourself to do what's right and not be second-guessed.... Trust yourself to know the way that will prove true in the end. Trust yourself. Bob Dylan

I found myself in the studio today second-guessing almost every action I needed to take. It really slows down the creative process.

Beauty can come to us as creative people, enter into our thoughts and heart through every sense, and then that beauty can be expressed as we manifest or create with our hands. This process is magnificent unto itself. Then, the humbling magic happens for me. When that beautiful item I created is purchased, placing it into the hands of another who enjoys the beauty I, too, can see, but also, gives that fiber art new meaning by thinking about it and enjoying it from their OWN PERSPECTIVE, then the circle is complete

Art does that--art touches something unexpected in people who look at it. The artist likely will never know the real meaning that the object acquires from its new owner. There is such poetry in this whole experience and I suggest that it can't often happen without Trust.

I decided today to ease-up on the second guessing in my studio. Instead, I can ask myself, "Does what I am doing at this moment contain kindness, possibility, or good energy? Does it feel comfortable, and does it sit well in my heart?" If so, just go with the flow, trust, create.

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

No comments: