Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Garden of Gratitude Exhibit at Mile Hi Church

I am pleased to announce that one of my favorite fiber art pieces has been accepted into the Garden of Gratitude exhibit at Colorado's popular church, Mile Hi, in Lakewood. This special exhibit is a mixed media exhibit featuring wonderful examples of both fine art and fine craft, all created in the garden theme. I entered my piece entitled Garden of Eden, which is one of a nine-part installation. I am loving the process of creating this series, which includes a mix of fine needlework techniques: quilt art, beading, embroidery (hand and machine), and hand needle felting!

The nine pieces in this series are being created to hang as a unified grid with three rows of three panels, each mounted on a birch box frame. The piece you see here is the centerpiece of that group.

I expect to have the entire installation, which will measure approximately 100" x 70", finalized by early 2014. I am hopeful that a collector will snap up the entire series for display in a lovely public space setting. I hope you will let me know if you or your organization are looking for fiber folk art in this eco chic garden theme! I am excited to be planning more large mixed technique fiber art pieces from my studio here at Nestle And Soar, and hope to show them all to you in the months to come!

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

No comments: