Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bright Orange and Pink Sunsets...

What's on my studio table today...
Today I am thinking about those orange and pink and yellow sunsets that just blow your socks off! This is the kind of sunset that makes you want to pull the car over and just look at it for 5 minutes. This is the kind of sunset that should you be lucky enough to share it with your significant other, fireworks might well happen!

As I think about bright sunsets, I decided to start making a wool version of my own. I am far from finished, but I couldn't resist sharing my progress today. Here is the wool-on-wool-on-wool stage of my needle felting. It will be a week or so before I am ready to add other elements to what I hope is a landscape view of a sunset in the distance. Wish me luck!

Laura Johnston's photo on Etsy
I also have been looking at what other artists do to express the awe-inspiring sunset, and thought I'd share my favorite find. A fellow Etsy.com artist named Laura Johnston took this amazing photo and is selling archival prints of it. I think it is remarkable, and not just because there are birds involved! As I continue to enjoy my reminiscing about sunsets this week in the studio, I think I'll try to capture the vibrant energy in Laura's photo. you can see Laura's etsy shop here.

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

No comments: