Friday, July 23, 2010

Peacock Feathers

I am in love with peacock feathers, and this lovely pendant is my new favorite thing! My daughter Jessie took care of many of the birds at the Denver Zoo, and while on duty, found discarded peacock feathers on the walkways. Those peacocks are free to roam the zoo grounds, and often show off their magnificent feathers to amazed children and zookeepers alike. So I have a fun collection of feathers.

I asked my mom to help me decorate a lampshade with peacock feathers and that was one of our most recent shared home decor projects. What a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon with my mom!

When I found this lovely peacock pendant on an etsy shop called http://www.verabel.etsy.com/, I knew I'd want to share it with all of you. This charming shop is located in Portland, Oregon, and it looks like they have found huge success on the etsy marketplace. I hope you will enjoy looking at all of their jewelry as much as I did!

Thanks for stopping by today...have a wonderful weekend!

Peace,
Georgianne

No comments: